Monday, March 10, 2014

Wow .. been too busy to blog?

Seems like it's been forever since I logged on and put into writing what's on my heart.  Truth is, this journey has had so many plates full of everyday that I've allowed the time to take me, rather than taking the time to reflect on my life and all that God has been at work in me to bring continued transformation .. for what reason?  To be more like Jesus!  As I just heard this past week from someone who is far more eloquent, He wants me to be an instrument for His glory.

So often my desires like many, is to pursue career, dreams, goals, and lifelong accomplishments for the sake of a title, position, credit, and recognition of one sort or another.  To offer comfort to those around me, or to please those I am trying to serve, hoping to find comfort in being productive and fruitful.  While that may have elements of merit, it does not, has not, never will, .. fulfill what God has in mind for my life.  All the above seems to become idol worship, rather than the worship God desires for Himself .. He created me for fellowship with Him and to bring glory to His Name through worship of Him alone.  He is a jealous God, .. because He will share His glory with no one.  Too deep to wrap my mind around? .. no, but it does mean yielding my life totally to Him and not some image of who I think He is ... He knows me, and wants me to truly KNOW Him.

My trust in Him is growing, and to trust means to know something about or know who that trust is given to.  I am learning that when I put my trust (faith) in Him alone, I don't have to use up my life figuring out how, when, where, etc.  However, it does mean I have to let go of what I'm trying to make happen, and listen to what He says and then obey it.

Some will say they don't want to use foul language because they don't want God to hear it, but the same ones will say, He doesn't hear me when I pray .. go figure that!  The problem I have had, is feeling like my prayers weren't answered and trying to find a way to get Him to hear me.  The real problem is, I haven't been listening and more so, not obeying.  Answers come as yes, no, or not now (means waiting).

In trying to be more like Jesus, it means listening and then doing what He says.  We listen to the voice of the enemy that says you can't make it, you're failing, why not make a choice you know isn't right, don't forgive because they hurt me, or too many other deceptive lies to count, and at the same time I complain I can't hear His voice, when He says love your neighbor, help someone in need, give and it will be given, turn from your ways to My ways, ask someone I've offended for forgiveness ... duh .. now who would speak that to me?  Surely not the devil, so I can not say He isn't speaking, nor can I say I can't hear His voice.

Just wanted to do a little open dialogue with myself, but in writing this, I am hoping it not only is my reminder, but as you read this, may it be some momentary help that might encourage you to know, God is at work in each of us, .. each one who comes to God, believing that He is and that He's a rewarder (not a taker) of all who diligently seek Him.  It must be my priority, first things first, to follow Him, to turn from my wicked ways, to pray, and ask God to not only forgive me, but to cleanse me .. renew a right spirit in me, and draw me to Him day by day.

A journey requires the first step, and let me say, until we make that first step toward Him, He cannot enable us to take the remaining steps of this journey to complete our trip, and enduring one.  Without a start, no marathon will happen, nor will anyone win .. to those who endure there is a reward when the journey is completed.  Oh, to hear Him say well done my good and faithful servant.  That means more than any title, position, credit, or pat on the back from anyone in this life.

Take heart all!  With God all things are possible and our pastor's version of that is, "it's impossible for God to do nothing".  Let's give our all to Him and look forward to "until we meet again".

Yep, this is Roger and I believe I can do all things through Christ ..

No comments: